PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This Lord of the Flies essay is the perfect was to end your novel unit because it combines the novel and a nonfiction article (included). This argument essay includes all of the resources you need to walk your students through the writing process: a Lord of the Flies argument writing prompt, graphic organizers, collaborative brainstorming activity, multiple essay outlines, peer edit form, and two grading rubrics.
- a CCSS aligned argumentative essay prompt
- two different grading rubrics (a 100 point rubric and a rubric that allows you to write in your own points values)
- a peer editing form
- a five paragraph essay outline (3 versions)
- a collaborative brainstorming poster project
- two graphic organizers to help students organize their thoughts
- a thesis generator handout.
This resource is also included in my Lord of the Flies Teaching Unit
Lord of the Flies Teaching Resources: