This test is meant to be given after reading Chapters 1-6 of Lord of the Flies. It is a 3 page test with 1 page answer key, that tests basic knowledge of characters, plot, theme, and conflict. Great way to assess if students are understanding the basics of the novel before continuing in more depth into chapters 7-12.
File is available as PDF for easier printing or as Word Document so you can modify it before using.
- Passage to annotate with 5 multiple choice main idea questions
- 10 multiple choice character questions (requires remembering essential details, not in-depth characterization)
- 2 open ended theme questions
- 2 open ended conflict questions
- Answer key for 15 multiple choice questions, not for open ended