Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.81 MB | 26 pages
This product includes unit materials that can be easily integrated into any "Lord of the Flies" unit. The chapter pages are Common Core aligned.
When my students read "Lord of the Flies", they also watch episodes of "The 100" TV show on The CW. This show is about teenagers who are dropped on Earth to see if it is survivable. This show closely connects to the book because they are both about young people creating governments and getting along without adults. The TV show can be found on Netflix.
- Lord of the Flies bookmark - containing major characters and a quote
- 1 Reading worksheet for each chapter - these lead students through analyzing tone, symbolism, quotes, theme, etc. (All CC aligned for 9-10 standards)
- Id/Ego/Superego Article with worksheet - these three psychological traits can be easily connected to the novel since it is mainly about the boy's natural instincts.
- Lord of the Flies vs The 100 argument essay assignment sheet
- Paragraph examples for the essay (body + counterargument)
- Essay rubric (out of 100 points)
- Parent Signature form for watching The 100 in class
- Argument Essay Checklist