Also included in
- This bundle combines two mini-units, one interpersonal speaking activity, and one project for a great start to distance learning in Spanish I aimed at helping students accomplish the following learning objectives:I can identify some Spanish words I know already;I can define the word “cognate;" I can$9.25$10.50Save $1.25
- This mega bundle includes distance learning resources for Spanish I units on cognates, the alphabet, introductions and greetings, and Spanish-speaking countries and nationalities. It also includes resources to help you start the year, including student and parent surveys, an infographic syllabus, an$31.25$34.75Save $3.50
This mini-unit about cognates is designed for distance learning or as a sub plan, and is a great way to build students' Spanish confidence as they start off Spanish I. It leads students through an editable Google Slides lesson, and then provides a quiz for students to prove they have accomplished the following learning objectives:
• I can identify some Spanish words I know already;
• I can define the word “cognate,”
• I can identify a few written and spoken Spanish cognates, and
• I can use cognates to understand some written and spoken Spanish sentences.
The unit includes:
• Teacher tips and timeline for presenting the lesson
• An editable Google Slides presentation for students to work through
• Eight different practice activities, including a listening activity*, a reading comprehension activity, and activities linked to two different YouTube videos
• Review slides for each objective
• A self-reflection form where students rate their learning on each objective
• An editable quiz to assess each objective
• Answer keys to all activities.
Check out the file preview for more information.
*Please note before you buy:
- Most teachers and students will be able to access the audio files for the listening activity by clicking directly on the files in the Google Slides presentation. However, due to current technology restrictions, if you work in a district where students are not allowed to access files shared with them from someone outside of the organization, they will not be able to access the audio files within the presentation. For that reason, I have provided the audio files in .mp3 form as well in case you run into trouble and need to distribute them separately.
- I recorded the listening activity prompts myself. To hear what my Spanish accent sounds like, please check out the video preview file.