This is 1 page of an essay and 1 page of questions - simple, no too long or winded.
We also talk about the picture - what it means to them
This is an essay I created to expand on the family, rather than just giving voc to memorize. I double checked the writing with a native speaker for accuracy. I desperately need essays, but not too simple or too difficult. They are REALLY hard to find. So I made my own.
Briefly, I am trying to make the students think about life - family (benefits of being an only child, having siblings, having grandparents, etc) and the way I do it is by modeling LOTS of writings, and then modeling the answers, followed by their own answers.
1. I hand out the essay, go over any problems with the Spanish
2. I read it at a normal speed
3. I have the students read the essay out loud
4. I ask the students to ask ME the tiered questions
5. I model and model different answers
6. I have the students practice writing answers (papers go into a transparent sleeve - they use dry erase board markers, write answers, then erase) - 2 days for this
7. They give 2 benefits to have grandparents (after I try to come up with like 6 resaons)
8. I model my MOST important reason, then they tell me their most important reason
9. They answer the questions themselves
I will be working on "only child" essays, different kinds of families as well.
I hope you enjoyed this essay.