Do you love March Madness brackets AND the lottery commercials? Why not blend both?! We created this mini lottery unit for intermediate learners, levels 3-5. It includes a reading about the lottery and readings about 6 different lottery commercials from 2014-2019. This will be a growing bundle. You can use the readings and activities to lead up to a March Madness bracket style competition to vote for the best lottery commercial and a final assessment! There is easily over a week worth of lessons included.
See below for the activities that are included:
1. Reading about the lottery
2. Prediction activity
3. March Madness bracket
4. Reading on Manu and Antonio commercial with prediction activity, Who Said It? & graphic novel retell
5. Reading about Justino commercial with matching text to image and T/F sentences.
6. Reading about Carmina commercial with sequence events activity, Quizlet and Who Is It.
7. Reading about Danielle commercial with sequence activity to spell out a special message, Who Is it Activity and cultural matching worksheet.
8. Pre reading act’s, Reading and post reading act’s about 22 otra vez
9. Activities to review all the commercials: Slap It game, Word sort, Match commercial to them.
11. Students create an idea for next year’s lottery commercial with catch phrase and image.
12. Students will participate in a tweet gallery walk where they write hashtags about their favorite commercials.
13. Pre AP tasks include: Persuasive Essay prompt, Cultural Comparison, Simulated Conversation and E-mail