Unit Materials - Chores, Los Quehaceres (Bundle)
This is a zip file download of a folder containing eight documents to facilitate your unit of "los quehaceres" in the Spanish classroom. Here is a breakdown of what you will find in the folder:
Two vocabulary lists for chores vocabulary (includes mostly nouns and verbs)
A Q/A activity to help students review the vocabulary. Can be easily completed as a group in class or assigned as homework.
An assessment (designed to be 100 points) on chores, irregular verb conjugations and relevant vocabulary. There are six sections on the test as follows:
1) Vocabulary - Supplying the correct vocabulary word in Spanish
2) Conjugation of verbs - Conjugate for 6 subjects (yo, tú, él, ella, usted, nosotros/as, vosotros/as, ellos, ellas, ustedes) including irregular verbs (tener, hacer, fregar, regar)
3) Answering questions with "tener" + "que" + "infinitive"
4) Filling in reading with correct conjugations and answering questions
5) Conjugations in context - 15 sentences for which students need to supply the correct conjugation
6) Filling in a paragraph with missing conjugations
A matching quiz of 12 vocabulary terms on household chores in Spanish. The included vocabulary is:
To walk the dog
To make the bed
To set the table
A simple worksheet asking students to identify the chores that (are difficult, are easy, are done every day, are done every week, etc.). There are 8 questions total. Worksheet is geared toward a student with a high beginner to intermediate knowledge of Spanish and some familiarity with los quehaceres (chores). Thanks for looking!
A crossword puzzle in which students must supply the Spanish from the English words provided. The words included are:
A packet of three exercises to help students review vocabulary and verb conjugations relevant to chores. In the first exercise students identify in which parts of the home they do certain chores. In exercise two, they read a story and fill in the blanks with the correct verb conjugations. Finally, in exercise three, students answer five questions regarding chores in their house. Thanks for looking!
A worksheet including 13 questions about chores (los quehaceres) and asks students to answer the questions in complete sentences. I find it is great practice with the chores vocabulary and a good opportunity to work on composing complete sentences. Alternatively, you can make this a speaking activity. Thanks for looking!