This PowerPoint presentation introduces students to basic greetings in Spanish as well as a few simple questions and responses to get them talking and sharing information. This clean presentation is illustrated with real high-quality photos (not animated) to appeal to learners of all ages.
Content includes simple formal and familiar Spanish notes for:
- Greetings/ Send-offs
- How are you?/ I am...
- What is your name?/ My name is ...
- Where are you from?/ I am from ...
- What do you like? / I like...
- Other useful and polite words (Señor, Por favor, muy, etc.)
Several brief assessments are built into this PowerPoint in order to check for understanding. They start simply and then advance to slightly higher level thinking.
*Pre-lesson: Questions in English about how greetings are used. This is to help students access background knowledge, make connections, and realize the relevance of current lesson.
* Photos- How would you greet this person based on formality and time of day?
* Translate Spanish- English
* Translate English - Spanish
* RESPOND in Spanish
While this presentation addresses formal/familiar versions of questions, it does not go into deeper grammar explanations. These are simple responses that students can learn in order to immediately start using the language in a personal way.
For a FREE guided notes handout to compliment this presentation, see
My other products relating to Spanish Greetings:
Spanish Greetings, Sea-themed notes