Lost and Found by Oliver Jeffers | Story Book Companion Activity Pack
Based on the popular story, ‘Lost and Found’ written by Oliver Jeffers, this mini unit will help young children develop important literacy skills and math skills while learning about the story elements and engaging in character analysis activities.
Activities in this mini pack also make wonderful addition to a penguin unit, or while learning about our world, the South Pole or sea animals.
The story book printables in this pack include:
• Lost and Found story elements printable.
• Favorite part of the story printable.
• Lost and Found Character study printables (two versions).
• Lost and Found beginning, middle and end printable.
• Penguin labelling printable (coloured and black and white).
• Fun Penguin initial sound court game (focusing on S A T P I N sounds).
• Penguin information report printable.
• Lost and Found syllable stamp.
• Connecting self to text - 'The Day I Lost My...' and 'If I found a Penguin...' printables.
• South Pole and My Suburb - looks, has, temperature, features graphic organiser printable (great for geography or HASS)
• Natural and Constructed features of the Environment (making world to text connections - also great for Geography / HASS)
• Shape sorting penguin pal math centre game.
• Penguin ten frames play dough mats (numbers 1-10).
• Penguin counting cards (1-10).
• Penguin measuring cards and printables.
• Letter Pp collage/craft printable.
Some activities are in black and white, others are colored to print, laminate and keep forever! There are also multiple copies of some printables, to allow for a differentiated curriculum.
Includes both standard US and Australian/English A4 sized files!
This pack is great to add to your relief teacher kit or to put in your sub tub.
For other fun and engaging bear activities, you can check out my TPT store HERE - FOUR CHEEKY MONKEYS
Other resources and activities you may like are:
★ Macca The Alpaca Literacy Center Printables
★ The Rainbow Fish Printables
★ Teddy Bear's Picnic Literacy and Numeracy Fun
★ Very Cranky Bear Literacy Fun Pack
★ Little Red Hen Makes A Pizza Literacy Pack
★ Art Elements For Kids
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions or are after a specific resource, I’d love to hear from you!
I hope you enjoy these resources!
For other fun ideas to do with early childhood children you can check out my blog HERE
or you can follow me on Pinterest HERE
Lost and Found | Oliver Jeffers | Penguins | Math Centers | Literacy Centers |Book Companion | Sea animals | South Pole | Geography in Early Childhood | HASS | relief teaching ideas, sub tub, substitute activities