Write An Information Leaflet About The Amazon Rainforest
Use the prompts and illustrations to produce an information leaflet about the Amazon Rainforest. The child should arrange their leaflet under the headings:
Where is the Amazon rainforest?
What is the climate like?
What is life in the canopy like?
What is the shrub layer like?
What is it like on the forest floor?
Next, the child can fill in the rainforest chart.
A Collection Of Work On An Imaginary Wildlife Park Called Rainforest World
1) Ask the child to write a leaflet persuading visitors to come to a wildlife park called 'Rainforest World'. They can use the prompts to help them write.
2) Ask the child to use their imagination and to make a map of the attraction.
3) Recount a visit to a wildlife park or zoo
4) Imagine that you are a bird at a wildlife park. Write about a day in your life.
5) Write a story called 'Escape'. Imagine that an animal escapes from Rainforest World. Write the story.
This series provides prompts to encourage children to write. It provides starting points, to encourage even the most reluctant writers.
Written in a lively magazine style format, each pack provides a step by step guide to teach children how to plan and write an animal themed story.
The packs also provide starting points to write e-mails, letters, play scripts, diaries, reports and other non fiction texts.
The child will learn writing techniques; simple, compound and complex sentences, connectives and spelling, punctuation and grammar tips. There is an emphasis on improving vocabulary - looking at lots of better word choices: harder adjectives, more powerful verbs and adverbs.
This series is recommended for use with children between the ages of 7-11 and provides writing practice for those children preparing to take 11+ examinations or S.A.T.s. The packs will also benefit children with special needs, or where English is a second language.