The following is one-day (75 minute period) common core-based lesson on Louis XIV of France. The lesson contains a variety of activities that promote critical thinking, class discussion, and an array of other social studies skills.
Topics covered in this lesson include:
• Rise to power
• Divine right
• Actions as King
• Palace of Versailles
• Results of Louis XIV’s rule
Activities included in this lesson:
• Do now – Absolutist class rules
• What Should Louis XIV do? – group activity
• Primary and secondary source readings
• Link to video clip on Palace of Versailles
• Includes numerous fact-based and critical thinking questions
• Enormous opportunities for class discussion
NEW! See-Think-Wonder Activity on Divine Right!
NEW! Improved formatting!
NEW! Answer key included!
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding this lesson. Follow me to receive notifications for newly uploaded products. Finally, take a moment to rate your satisfaction with this product if you decide to purchase it. Thank you so much!
I also offer this worksheet bundled with several others...
Bundle #4 - Absolutism, Enlightenment, Revolution - Global History Common Core
and this worksheet bundled with another lesson on absolute monarchs...
Global Absolutism Bundle - Global/World History Common Core