The following is one-day (75 minute period) common core-based lesson on Louis XIV of France. The lesson contains a variety of activities that promote critical thinking, class discussion, and an array of other social studies skills.
Topics covered in this lesson include:
• Rise to power
• Divine right
• Actions as King
• Palace of Versailles
• Results of Louis XIV’s rule
Activities included in this lesson:
• Do now – Absolutist class rules
• What Should Louis XIV do? – group activity
• Primary and secondary source readings
• Link to video clip on Palace of Versailles
• Includes numerous fact-based and critical thinking questions
• Enormous opportunities for class discussion
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding this lesson. Follow me to receive notifications for newly uploaded products. Finally, take a moment to rate your satisfaction with this product if you decide to purchase it. Thank you so much!
I also offer this worksheet bundled with several others...
Bundle #4 - Absolutism, Enlightenment, Revolution - Global History Common Core
and this worksheet bundled with another lesson on absolute monarchs...
Global Absolutism Bundle - Global/World History Common Core