“Louisiana Purchase” is a Social Studies lesson I created for my students. This lesson focuses on understanding the historical significance of the deal as well as sequencing the events that led to the Louisiana Purchase.
Included in this product:
• Detailed 5-page lesson outline (PREVIEW)
• Essential Question Wall Chart
• “I can” Learning Goal Wall Chart
• Vocabulary Poster
• Vocabulary Lesson Outline
• Original informational text with teacher’s guide (Lexile measure 840L)
• Cloze (scaffolded) notes for informational text with answer key
• Sequencing activity and printable
• Map activity
• Printable - Identifying states formed from the Louisiana Purchase
Suggestions for how to use the activities in this lesson with an interactive notebook are also included. The 3D graphic organizer will fit within the pages of a standard composition notebook. However, the lesson is designed so that it can also be used without such notebooks.
The sequencing activity comes in two forms – either with small slates where students line up in order or an interactive version in Smart Notebook. (Please note: you must have the correct software installed on your computer to access the Smart Notebook version.)
You will receive a .zip file containing everything – please ensure you unzip/extract all items to use them.
Also available in the American History Series:
• Lewis and Clark
• Westward Expansion
• Native Americans: Impact of Westward Expansion
• Civil War
Happy Teaching ~ The Reflective Educator
Social studies, history, Louisiana Purchase, Thomas Jefferson, Louisiana Purchase, expansion of America, informational text, map, interactive notebook, cloze notes, scaffolded notes, Power Pix, Whole Brain Teaching