• Thomas Jefferson and the effects of the Louisiana Purchase
Digital, 1:1, interactive Social Studies learning!
Aim: Why was the purchase of the Louisiana Territory significant in American history?
Included in this product:
• Student-centered Do Now questions using map skills
• The Louisiana Purchase reading passage and maps with corresponding graphic organizers and questions
• Student-centered Brainstorming activity: Political, Economic, and Social Effects of the Louisiana Purchase
• Application/Closing/Higher Order Thinking Question
• Answer Key for Teachers
The download includes directions and the link to the Google Slides activity.
Students will analyze the close-reading passages and maps to understand the causes and effects the purchase of the Louisiana Territory had on the nation. Students will also decide if Thomas Jefferson was going against his strict interpretation of the Constitution while buying the territory.
Adheres to Social Studies Standards - research, application, literacy, vocabulary, creating arguments with evidence
Original Illustrations/Maps by KERRI'S ART CORNER
Thomas Jefferson Clipart by Educlips
Digital Paper by Ashley Hughes
© 2014 A Social Studies Life
For personal use only. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.