showing 1-5 of 21 products
With Louisiana’s new state standards being implemented, I decided to create 21 student booklets to go along with the suggested scope and sequence published on the louisianabelieves website. The site states that in order for Louisiana students to be productive members of society, students must be critical consumers of information they read, hear, and observe and communicate effectively about their ideas. They need to gain knowledge from a wide array of sources and examine and evaluate that information to develop and express an informed opinion, using information gained from the sources and their background knowledge. Students must also make connections between what they learn about the past and the present to understand how and why events happen and people act in certain ways.
To accomplish this, students must:
1. Use sources regularly to learn content.
2. Make connections among people, events, and ideas across time and place.
3. Express informed opinions using evidence from sources and outside knowledge.
In grade 3, students explore what makes a place unique as they examine the geographic, historic, cultural, governmental, and economic characteristics that make Louisiana unique.
The booklets that I have created are tailored specifically to go along with the recommended Scope and Sequence for the state of Louisiana.
Each booklet has been formatted in *ONE* of two ways:
• Ongoing Formative Assessment: Booklets that contain comprehension and/or application questions on each page to immediately assess student learning.
• Source Based Summative Assessment: Booklets that contain informational text and sources that are accompanied with a separate summative assessment that assesses students’ abilities to accurately read and use primary and secondary sources for comprehension and/or application.
*SOME* booklet sets have an accompanying PowerPoint for teachers to use in whole group instruction.
By having booklets that specifically cover what you are teaching you are able to demonstrate to administrators, parents, students and others which state standards are being covered that day/week/month.
PLEASE NOTE: If I have created this file as a PDF Document for optimal print quality it is NOT EDITABLE. PowerPoints can be edited once downloaded.
I have incorporated many child friendly illustrations which have proven to keep the students focused and interested on what is in front of them. The illustrations do more than just make the booklets attractive, they actually enhance comprehension and effectiveness through comprehensive and relevant visual examples..
This bundle contains 21 BOOKLETS!!!!
The booklets cover the following topics:
Unit One: Louisiana Today
• Topic One: The Place Called Louisiana
• Topic Two: Defining Culture
• Topic Three: Living in Louisiana
Unit Two: Louisiana’s First Inhabitants
• Topic One: Louisiana’s Native Americans
Unit Three: Colonial Louisiana
• Topic One: Louisiana’s Early Explorers
• Topic Two: Colonization of Louisiana
• Topic Three: Settlement of the Acadians
Unit Four: State of Louisiana
• Topic One: Events Leading to Statehood
• Topic Two: Louisiana’s Government and Citizens
Unit Five: Louisiana’s Economy
• Topic One: Louisiana’s Economic Relationships
• Topic Two: Louisiana’s Challenges
• Topic Three: Unique Louisiana
★Buy NOW, Print & Laminate LATER, Use FOREVER!!!!
I strongly recommend that your print, laminate and store this item so that it can be used for years to come. To get the most out of your purchase be sure to save a “Master Copy” somewhere for safe keeping.
★About Tailored By Jessica Naylor
If you like the products in my store, please make sure to FOLLOW ME by clicking the STAR at the top of my home page.
Copyright © Tailored By Jessica Naylor. All rights reserved by author/creator. The images/graphics belong to various artists. For specific image information please send a request detailing the item name and image in question. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited, unless you purchase the additional licensing rights. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF may or may not be copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license to the creator. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See download file for further clip art and font credits.
I truly appreciate your patronage and hope you enjoy the item(s) that you have purchased. In order to make sure I do everything in my power to provide you with quality resources, please leave feedback or contact me if you have comments or questions. Thank you so much for shopping with Tailored By Jessica Naylor. I hope this study guide and test combo saves you a ton of time and helps you get back to the true reason you became a teacher…… to teach!