This is a literature unit that compares the Love Monster books by Rachel Bright. Students will compare and contrast the book "Love Monster" and "Love Monster and the Perfect Present."
This meets common core standards:
Integration of Knowledge and Ideas:
Use illustrations and details in a story to describe its characters, setting, or events.
Compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in stories.
The books used for this unit are books by Rachel Bright
Love Monster and the Perfect Present
Each story has:
- A page covering story elements and Problem/Solution
- A journal page- Making text connections
- Comprehension questions
- Retell Page- with a focus on beginning/middle/end
- group activity and independent activity included
- A Venn Diagram to compare and contrast the stories
- A character traits page (can be done for each story or each half of the page used to describe him in each story)
- Opinion writing page (which story was your favorite?)
- Write an acrostic poem
Get your kids engaged with this Love Monster unit!