Valentine's Day provides an excellent opportunity to explore the concept of love and the role it plays in various relationships, including building caring classroom community.
The 23 slides (PDF and PPTX) that you get with this package, along with the instructional video, help students to share and connect in ways that build relationships, while supporting self explorations and social emotional understanding. Just as importantly these prompts springboard nicely into supporting a variety of social emotional and common core standards.
This video package is intended for educators who are looking for:
* Fun and meaningful icebreaker activities
* Inspiring writing and or discussion prompts
* Increased social emotional learning opportunities
* Activity ideas for morning meetings, circle time, advisory periods
* More pre-emptive classroom management strategies
* Quotes and questions for staff meetings to support a deeper sense of community.
Supporting documents include PDF and Powerpoint (editable) files. 23 pages of contents, including:
Prompts are designed for middle and high school students, as well as high functioning older elementary aged students
Thanks, Dr. Jensen