Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.19 MB | 15 pages
I have started using music in my health lessons because teens listen to music. I created this lesson because I thought students should explore all the issues in the song they were singing and dancing to. This is a different type of health lesson, there is no textbook or outline to fill out, just song lyrics to analyze, and an understanding of how verse, chorus and the bridge are used to tell a story.
Love the Way You Lie was a Number 1 song that dealt with the several health issues:
• Our relationships with others — healthy/unhealthy
• Our need to be loved and loved well by the people in our lives
• Character — is built within our family experiences. Everything we know we learn within our family. Character is destiny.
• Self-esteem and decision making
The song Love the Way You Lie looks at life issues worthy of thought by students –
• the cycle of physical and emotional abuse
• the song talks about love but the subjects torment each other with their issues
• two self-centered young people who don’t know what love is
• dysfunctional relationships
Students will analyze the dysfunctional relationship in the song Love the Way You Lie.
Students will do this by relating the characters feelings expressed in the song with their actions, their character traits shown by their actions, and from this information infer what kind of homes these two people came from.
Students will be assessed, by the completion and quality of the Love the Way You Lie worksheet.
Thank you for checking out my lesson plan. If you purchase one of my lesson plans, bundles or units, please help me to maintain quality and excellence in my products by offering comments and ratings. I read all comments and find that they are beneficial for me to see what is working and where some change might help me create an improved product. Have a great day.
CHECK OUT our blog: http://thehealthymindcurriculum.com/the-healthy-mind/ for teaching ideas, and freebies.
Janet – The Healthy Mind Curriculum