You will be all set for Valentine's Day in your classroom with this unit!
This unit is over 130 pages of pure sweetness!
What’s included in this unit:
1. Heart Addition- Students will practice adding numbers 1-10.
2. Hearts Apart- Students will match the number, number word, addition problem and ten frame!
3. Love-n-ten frames- Students will count how many hearts are on each ten frame and find the corresponding number for each card. (1-20)
4. Skip counting puzzles- Students will skip count by 1’s, 2’s, 5’s or 10’s to assemble the puzzles together to reveal a valentine picture! (8 puzzles total)
5. Super subtraction- Students will practice simple subtraction using number 1-10.
1. Mail me a word- Students will lay out each vowel mat. They will then read the CVC word and sort them according to their vowel letter. There are 10 CVC words per vowel.
2. Beating heart- Uppercase and lowercase letter match-up game.
3. Robot love- Students will match up each robot letter with the picture that has the same initial sound .
4. Missing vowel- Students will look at the picture and sound out the word. They will need to complete the word by writing in the correct vowel letter between the given letters.
5. Pick a sight word- Students will turn the cards over and play ‘pick, say, keep’ with sight words. They pick up a card, say the word and if they say the correct word, they keep the card. Whoever has the most cards wins. (110 sight words)
I hope your students enjoy this fun filled unit!
Mrs. Hodge and Her Kindergarten Kids