The study was designed to take the students through selected “love one another” passages in the Bible. The study is intended to take 4-5 weeks of class time (assuming Bible is taught 3 times per week).
The study consists of 12 lessons. Each lesson requires to the student to read passages of scripture, think about its meaning, and take an action step based on what he or she read. The first lesson was designed to introduce the study, and the final lesson was created as a culminating activity.
The teacher has several options for this study. First, He or she can decide to allow the students to work through the study independently. Next, the teacher can use a mix of discussion, student directed work, and group work (this is recommended). Or the passages may be done entirely as a group, allowing the students to interact with the material as the class discusses the passages.
The student will….
1. Recognize that God’s love for us motivates us to love one another. [knowledge]
2. Summarize the ways in which God moves towards us in love. [synthesis]
3. Explain the meaning of each one another passage. [evaluation]
4. Support their ideas using scripture from the study. [evaluation]
5. Identify weaknesses in their own character. [comprehension]
6. Demonstrate their understanding of the passages by putting them into action [application]
7. Write reflections on the ways God is challenging them to change [application]
8. Formulate new ideas on creative ways to love their classmates, friends and family [synthesis]