loving movie. worksheet. Loving Movie. Loving v. Virginia. Supreme Court.
Loving is a movie about inter-racial marriage in the 1960's during the Civil Rights era. I love it for school because it shows the process of how a case gets to the Supreme Court, and how the local, state, and federal courts work. I also love the way that it shows struggles of inter-racial marriage. Loving is PG-13 (mostly for themes and language). I believe that it can be used to teach Civil Rights or the court system.
There are so many opportunities with class discussion during and after this movie. I hope you enjoy it!
Try the Bellringers Free Sampler Pack to see the advantage of using unit-themed History DBQ Bellringers
Check out a great movie worksheet for Hacksaw Ridge
Check out a great movie worksheet for Unbroken
Get the whole INTERACTIVE and ENGAGING Civil Rights Unit HERE, and SAVE big money!
Individual Products from this unit include:
1. Civil Rights 30 DBQ Bellringers Warm Ups Mega-Pack
2. Civil Rights Movement - Journey Through Life Notes - SUPER ENGAGING INTERACTIVE NOTES!
3. Jim Crow Laws Photo Assessment
4. Montgomery Bus Boycott & Rosa Parks Skit and Option Project
5. Civil Rights Leaders and Activists Notes - VERY ENGAGING POWERPOINT with COOPERATIVE LEARNING!
6. Martin Luther King, Jr. "I Have a Dream" Visual Expression Project
7. Loving Movie Worksheet
8. FUN Stations Activity where students analyze 10 Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes!
9. 1965 Alabama Voting Simulation - "Would you be able to vote?" - 1st person POINT OF VIEW learning!
10. Voting Rights Act of 1965 Reading Activity
11. Civil Rights Movement Comic Strip Project
12. 40 HIGHLY VISUAL Civil Rights Task Cards with a Cooperative Learning Option!
13. Civil Rights Movement FUN Review Games! - includes THE WALL Card Game based on the TV Show, Four Corners of Fun, and The Bids!
14. Civil Rights Movement Unit Test with Study Guide - Relevant, Real-World Assessment
15. Civil Rights Movement 5 Highly Visual DBQ Primary Sources
16. Major Events of the Civil Rights Movement Student Created Skits!
I hope that you enjoy these activities! Please remember to follow Playing With History on Teachers Pay Teachers, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for giveaways and news on new products and updates! Please rate for your TpT credits!