Low / Modified Mixed Up (Fractured) Fairy Tale Unit
This is a 24 page unit/packet for students. It really breaks down the unit into small tasks/chunks. I originally created this for a student who was at a lower level whose class was working on this unit. It allowed them to work on the same type of writing but at a level that was more appropriate and had heavy scaffolding.
* Comparing a traditional vs mixed up fairy tale (many sheets including setting/plot sheet, venn diagram, and which one was better)
* Idea page to help students come up with the basis of their own story (characters, setting & problem) and outline to put information.
* Multiple pages for brainstorming/gathering information on the different story elements + areas for students to draw pictures to go with their ideas (can be added later for illustrations in their final work).
* Brainstorming/recording pages for different events & solution of the story – what was happening, feelings of characters
* How to put it all together & fun paper to put it on