Low Prep Kindergarten Literacy Centers - Year Long Activity Bundle
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (8)
showing 1-5 of 8 products
Hands-on kindergarten literacy centers that you can use at ANY TIME of the year? Yes! Please! I created this set of kindergarten year-long independent activities for YOU! You will love these non-seasonal, low prep tasks for your kindergarten class!
Adorable themes keep students engaged but you don’t have to worry about matching your centers to seasonal themes.
Clear student directions with visual “I CAN” cards for each task will keep your students working independently during center time.
How do these kindergarten literacy centers differ from others? These literacy centers offer a multitude of ways to practice kindergarten skills. Each set will offer 8 - 12 hands-on tasks for the students to complete. Our goal here is to never hear, “I’m DONE!” during center time. We want to give kindergarten students plenty of opportunities to practice and overlearn during center time!
Additionally, these literacy centers are not tied to a season so you can rotate these literacy centers at any time during your kindergarten year!
You may decide to have students spirally various skills throughout the year! These center activities will keep these essential kindergarten skills current and ongoing! Practice makes permanent!
Here is what you find in this set of 113 literacy centers for kindergarten.
- Each center has 8-12 questions that provide lots of practice!
- "I Can" card which provides visual directions that emergent readers can use independently
- Student response sheet
What are some other ways to use kindergarten literacy activities? These activities were created for kindergarten students to use during center time. However, you can also use them as morning work, small group instruction, interventions, or even an assessment! Some teachers send a set of centers home to be used as a homework activity.
This Kindergarten Literacy Center Pack Includes 113 fun and engaging kindergarten activities:
LETTERS AND CONCEPTS ABOUT PRINT LITERACY CENTERS
- Colorful Pups Letter Activity! Match the capital letter to the capital letter
- Colorful Pups Match the capital letter to the lowercase letter
- Gnome’s Garden Match the capital letter to the lowercase letter (4 versions)
- Fruit Friends - Print concepts by sorting letters by upper or lowercase letters (3 versions)
- Letter or Word Literacy Activity Print concepts by sorting letters or words
- Sweet Friends Literacy Activity! Print concepts by sorting letters by upper or lowercase letters (4 versions)
- Sweet Friends Literacy Station! Alphabetic order
- Curvy or Not Literacy Station? Print concepts by sorting letters by their features (2 versions)
- Rainbow Pandas! Matching lowercase letters to capital letters
- Trolls Alphabet! Matching lowercase letters to capital letters
- Alphabetic Cookies ! Alphabetic order
RHYME LITERACY CENTERS
- Blending Up Rhymes! Identify words that rhyme and words that do not rhyme
- Sweet Shop Rhymes - Identify words that rhyme and words that do not rhyme
- Up! Up! and Away! Rhymes - Identify words that rhyme and words that do not rhyme
- Clipping Rhymes - Match and clip words that rhyme (5 versions)
- Blending Up Rhymes - identify words that rhyme and words that do not rhyme
- Basketball Rhyming - Students sort rhyming words
- Pond Fun Rhyming - Students sort rhyming words
- Monkeys Jumping on the Bed- Students sort rhyming words
SYLLABLES LITERACY CENTERS
- Puzzling Syllables - Identify 2 syllable and 3 syllable words (3 literacy center versions)
- Syllable Sort - Sort words by 1 syllable, 2 syllables, or 3 syllables. (2 literacy center versions)
- Syllable Word Identification and Write - identify the syllables in the words and write the words (2 literacy center versions)
- Spinning Syllable Words - Spin and cover the 1 syllable, 2 syllables, or 3 syllable words (2 literacy center versions). Includes an optional cut and sort syllable worksheet for each.
- Clipping Syllables: Identify and clip the number of syllables for each word. (3 versions)
SOUNDS AND PHONICS LITERACY CENTERS
- Identify the beginning letter sort (3 literacy center versions)
- Match the beginning sounds (3 literacy center versions)
- Identify the beginning letter sound (2 center versions)
- Clip the beginning letter
- Identify the ending letter sound (2 versions)
- Clip the ending letter
- Identify the beginning digraph (2 center versions)
- Clip the beginning digraph
- Identify the ending digraph
- Clip the ending digraph literacy tasks
- Identify the beginning blend sound center (2 center versions)
- Clip the beginning blend
- Identify the ending blend (2 center versions)
- Clip the ending blend sound
CVC WORD FAMILY LITERACY CENTERS
- Sweet CVC Word Family sort
- Fresh Cut CVC Word Family sort
- Give a Bone CVC Word Family sort
- Shopping for CVC Word Family sort
- Keeper of the CVC Word Family sort
- Washing Identify the vowel sounds
- Pirates Identify the vowel sounds
- Book Ninja Identify the vowel sounds
- Clip the CVC Word letter (3 literacy center versions)
- Solve the CVC puzzle l (3 literacy center versions)
SENTENCES LITERACY CENTERS
- Bookish Sentence - Match sentences with pictures
- Fruity Sentence - Match sentences with pictures
- Forrest Friends Sentencer - Match sentences with pictures
- What I Like Sentence - Build sentences with picture cards
- Animals in Action Sentence - Build sentences with picture cards
- Bright Dinosaurs Sentence - Build sentences with picture cards
- Build it! Writing it! Sentence - Create sentences with picture cards (3 versions)
- Silly Sentence - Silly sentences with 30 word cards (nouns, verbs)
SHORT VOWEL WORD FAMILIES LITERACY CENTERS
- Experimenting Short Vowel Word Family sort
- Car Wash Short Vowel Word Family sort
- Big Top Short Vowel Word Family r sort
- Gearing Up Short Vowel Word Family sort
- Bakers' Dozen Short Vowel Word Family sort
- Painters Short Vowel Word Family - identify the vowel
- Tacos Short Vowel Word Family - identify the vowel
- Teddy's Short Vowel Word Family - identify the vowel
- Clip the Short Vowel Word Family (3 versions)
- Solve the Short Vowel Word Family (3 versions)
LONG VOWEL WORD FAMILIES
- Painting Long Vowels - Sort and Identify by the long vowel
- Building Long Vowels - Sort and Identify by the long vowel
- Snapshots Long Vowels - Sort and Identify by the long vowel
- Creekside Long Vowels - Sort and Identify by the long vowel
- Park Friends Long Vowels - Sort and Identify by the long vowel
- Digging Up Long Vowels - Sort and Identify by the long vowel
- Royal Long Vowels - Sort and Identify by the long vowel
- Tea Party Long Vowels- Sort and Identify by the long vowel
- Building Long Vowels - Sort and Identify by the long vowel
- Solve the vowel puzzle - (3 versions)
These literacy centers were created so they could be used at any time in the year. In other words, these literacy centers are not tied to a monthly theme. This will allow you to differentiate your center times.
Prep is quick and easy... Just print the student pages, gather the materials listed, and you're ready for a fun and engaging class!
NOTE: These literacy centers are purposefully predictable! Once your kindergarten students understand the format of these activities, you can simply switch out the skill and you don’t need to reteach the activity! SCORE! (Go ahead… do the happy dance.)
WHAT TEACHERS LIKE YOU ARE SAYING...
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Anne U. says, “I recommend this product for the early review of letters, syllables, rhyming, CVC words and vowel sounds and early sentence identification. This product kept my students busy and they enjoyed doing the activities. This product gave them a break from the typical pencil and paper work and made the work a little more enjoyable. I will utilize this product again in the future.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jessica S. says, “I love that these are done by skill rather than by theme. I am excited to be able to find activities for rhyming (for example), that doesn't have to be used at a specific time of year. I can't wait to use them with my students this year.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ LeQuita G. says, “Easy to use consistently so you do not have to reteach every month.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jennifer T. says, “Students loved the activities and I loved how it allows them to be independent :)”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Primary Sunshine says, “LOVE THESE!!! Easy to pull out and set up and my students can work independently on them. So great!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Nancy S. says, “Another great resource to add to my centers! My Kinders will love the variety and I love how easy you make it to help them build their independence! ❤️”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Kris J. says, “I was struggling to find resources to support my K-1 ELA students. This bundle was exactly what I needed! Every activity is engaging and purposeful. My kids LOVE the activities.”
Copyright © Deedee Wills
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.