Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
3.98 MB | 25 pages
This is one of my favorite lesson plans that includes a complete lesson plan with the following activities:
Objective: How can we solve low voter turnout?
1. Text a friend outside of school who is older than 18- Did you vote in the last election? Why or why not? Text than wait for responses until the end (See PowerPoint)
2. Who votes more activity? Place four of the PowerPoint slides in each corner of the room. Round one-age, round 2- ethnicity, round 3-education background, round 4-income. Students need to decide who votes more and physically stand on the corner they believe vote the most based on the % in that category
3. Notes- Notes and discussion about who votes, reasons for low voter turnout, and reasons low voter turnout has declined
4. Pair work- In pair’s students will analyze the election data from 1960 to today. They will notice any trends or interesting facts. Share responses with the class.
5. Pair work- In pair’s students will answer the free response question about low voter turnout and discuss responses.
6. Videos and discussion