This math center activity is a blast for students! While it is intended to be used in a center, you could also pull this activity out during independent work time, or for fast finishers!
Students match the four leaf clover, to the four corresponding cards, matching the numeral on the clover to different ways to create the number on each card. After all clovers are completed, students will record their answers on the recording sheet.
This product includes:
- 10 clovers (numerals 1-10)
- 4 cards for each turkey (matches for 1-10, for a total of 40 cards)
- student recording sheets
- student instructions (geared toward non-readers)
• Subitizing is a fundamental prerequisite for more complex mathematical tasks and concepts, such as counting.
• Practicing group numbers together as complete units strengthens problem solving skills, as well as automaticity and math fluency.
• I have provided multiple ways for students to group numbers, such as place value blocks, tens frames, fingers, and tally marks. I have included the word form, as this too is an important skill for young students to practice.
As always, thank you for considering this product for purchase! If you have any questions about this product, or notice anything that is an easy fix-er-up, please contact me directly. I would be happy to make appropriate changes to make this the best product it can be!
Mindful Rambles Blog
Mindful Rambles TPT
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License