These activities will help your students learn the Common Core standards with a St. Patrick's Day theme. The packet includes:
1. St. Patty's Day ABC order- Students put words in ABC order and write a story with them.
2. St. Patty's Day Making Words- Students use the letters in St. Patrick's Day to make new words
3. Lucky Charms Parts of Speech- Students sort nouns, verbs and adjectives and use them in sentences.
4. The Golden Edit- Students read sentences, find all the spelling and punctuation mistakes and correctly write the sentences on their recording sheet
5. Multiple Meaning Horseshoes- Students choose a multiple meaning word card and match it with 2 of its definitions. Then they read sentences with the same words and determine the correct definition of the word.
6. Lucky Pot of Gold- BME Book- Students will make a Pot of Gold beginning, middle and end book after reading a St. Patrick's Day story (examples included). I have also included blank lined pages to use for summarizing or writing their own stories.
Please be sure to download the preview for more details.