Perfect for St. Patty’s or any ole day! Incorporate these fun lucky charms into your reading or language lessons (or speech/language therapy sessions!) For nonreaders, this can be used as a great listening comprehension activity!
This 19 page download includes 16 short fascinating passages discussing lucky charms from all over the world with 3 or more corresponding critical thinking questions per passage.
Students can read passages independently (silently or aloud) or passages can be read aloud by teacher or therapist. Questions require students to use skills ranging from simple recall, comparing, contrasting, making personal connections to deciphering vocabulary in context, drawing conclusions, giving opinions, and justifying responses with evidence. A whole range of critical thinking skills can be applied!
- 5 writing prompts so students can respond to non-fiction text in writing (including graphics for coloring)
- VENN diagrams for students to compare and contrast lucky charms
- lucky charm art/coloring sheets just for fun!
- Passages can be used with individual students, for partner reading, or for group discussion.
- Great for inclusion/push-in lessons for speech-language pathologists
- For non readers, an adult should read the cards and the students
This packet addresses listening, reading comprehension, responding to non-fiction text, and writing in response to text! Be sure to download the preview for a closer look.
Just print, (laminate if you wish), cut and use!
If you enjoy this product, please let me know! It’s your feedback that keeps me creating!
For more, follow me at my blog!