Your lucky learners will be so lucky to enjoy these 14 math and literacy centers!
The 7 lucky math centers/activities include:
1. Gold Coin Number Patterns: fill in missing numbers using different counting patterns-by 1's, 2's, 5's, and 10's
2. Hats off to Place Value Game: students will draw 3 place value cards and arrange them in order of before, between, and after. Place value sets up to 120.
3. Hunting for Gold: Adding dimes and pennies on a tens and ones chart.
4. Race to the Pot of Gold: a number line race to 20 using a rainbow/pot of gold gameboard.
5. "Time" for Gold!: time to the hour and half hour
6. Gold Coin Measuring: nonstandard measuring using gold coins you will cut out or you can purchase a set of gold coins to use
7. Shamrock Fact Sort: adding 3 digits using what they know to make facts of 10.
The 7 lucky literacy centers/activities include:
1. Lucky Leprechaun Super Sentence Wheel and book
2. Lucky Leprechaun ABC Order: put 8 words in ABC order and write a complete sentence using each of the words.
3. Luck of the Irish Sentence Scramble: students will unscramble words to make complete sentences and write them using correct mechanics.
4. Pots of Long Vowels: using the 5 long vowels and the different spelling strategies they will sort pictures into the vowel pots and sound spell the picture names.
5. Rainbow of Contractions: match up gold coins with the two words that make the contractions on the rainbow cards.
6. Shamrock Compound Words: students will match 2 sides of a shamrock and write the new words they make. They also will use 3 of the new compound words in a complete sentence.
7. Fill the Pots With Gold: students will read words on gold coins and fill up the pots with short and long vowel words.