Six math centers to supplement mathematics curriculum for grades 1-3.
1. Does the Pot 'o' Gold Measure Up?: Students estimate and measure using centimeters and inches. They will also compare measurements of other St. Patrick's Day objects to the object being measured.
2. Counting the Gold: the students will solve one digit, two digit without regrouping, two digit with regrouping, and three digit with regrouping addition problems. This center includes clover counters for developing learners and provides a challenge for students who need enrichment. Each level of addition has its' own set of cards.
3. Sneaky Leprechaun Problem Solving: This center allows students to explore word problems that touch on addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division strategies. They have a recording sheet to work out problems and are asked to present an answer and number model.
4. Money Stacking: Students work with money amounts and put them in order from least to greatest. They will get exposure to money in written form. Example: $0.56
5. A Fraction of the Pot: Students will look at cards and determine the fraction that is represented. They will have to match the picture card to the correct written form card. In order to extend this activity, students can place the cards face down and play memory.
6. St. Patrick's Probability: The students will explore probability by using a spinner with St. Patrick's day pictures. They will spin the spinner 20 times and record their findings after making predictions.
I hope you enjoy this product! It has been a huge success with my kiddos!