This St. Patrick's Day craftivity is a fun way to get students into the St. Patrick's Day spirit. Students first create a leprechaun. All pieces of the leprechaun are included and can be glued together to form the 2-foot tall craft. Students then write an I Am poem from the point of view of the leprechaun. This is glued to the leprechaun's hand for a great hallway craft!
Here's how it works:
1. Print pages 3-7, single sided for students.
(cardstock works best)
2. Have students color and cut out the leprechaun.
3. If you have ANY stories about leprechauns, read to students.
(This is optional, but can provide a great way for students to connect their poem to a leprechaun that you read about in the story).
4. Have students write an “I Am” poem from the leprechaun’s POV.
5. Glue the leprechaun together and then place the poem on his hand.
If you would like, you may want to print the pages 2 per page. This would cut down on the paper used, as well as making the leprechaun half the size. When you go to print, select that you would like 2 pages per sheet.