Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.4 MB | 68 pages
I made powerpoint lessons to go with the first 5 lessons ( bend 1 ) of the Narrative Writing Unit. My district is using the 2013 edition. There are 3 more "bends" but I wanted to add them as I go and let you guys check them out.
This unit is titled "Fiction Writers Set Out to Write Realistic Fiction"
I like making the lessons into powerpoints so I don't have to rely on the book so much. Even if you don't have the teacher's manual you can use these easily.
1. Serious writers do some serious pretending
2. Writers develop a "can-do," independent attitude
3. Writers learn to get their characters out of trouble
4. Serious writers get serious about spelling
5. Taking Stock: Writers use checklists to set goals
The only lesson that needs some materials ready ahead of time is lesson 5 (post-its and checklists)