If you're following the Lucy Calkins model for personal narrative writing for Grade 5. This product is perfect for you!
I found it easier to highlight some of the lessons components ahead of time to recreate in handout or chart form. This way they were ready to go when the lesson started!
All of the items in this pack are to be incorporated throughout the teaching of Personal Narrative writing for Grade 5. This product includes checklists, charts, handouts etc... It's organized based on which session you'd be using which item.
If you'd like it in editable format, please e-mail me to discuss terms!
Here is what's included:
1) Pre-Unit On-Demand: Kid friendly…all ready to pass out to your students!
2) Session 2 CHART: Strategies for generating personal narratives…handout form
3) Session 4 The “share,” section of the lesson in handout form or to post in front of room
4) Session 7 Air-Conditioner Stories…handout form or to post in front of room.
5) Session 8 CHART: Peter’s Chair
6) Session 8 CHART: How stories tend to go
7) Session 9 CHART: Strategies for elaborating on Important Parts
8) Session 9 CHART: Make a new paragraph to signal…
9) Session 10 Timeline of events from: “Papa who wakes up tired in the dark.”
10) Session 11 Charlotte’s Web Ending to use during lesson…handout form or to post in front of room
11) Session 16 Two Drafts: Original draft and draft with revisions
12) Session 18 CHART: commas
13) Use when editing or throughout the unit HANDOUT/CHECKLIST: Questions to ask yourself as you edit
14) Keep as a resource in their notebooks/binders Writing notebook guidelines: what a notebook or binder should look like during writer’s workshop
I also have completed lesson plans to use! If you're interested please contact me!