These summarize the series published in 2013.
The Lucy Calkins program states: “Built on the best practices and proven frameworks developed over decades of work in thousands of classrooms across the country and around the world, the Units of Study for Teaching Writing, K–8, offer grade-by-grade plans for teaching state-of-the-art writing workshops that help students meet and exceed rigorous global standards.”
The Units of Study in Opinion/Argument, Information, and Narrative Writing, K–8 will:
• help you teach opinion/argument, information, and narrative writing with increasing complexity and sophistication
• unpack standards as you guide students to attain and exceed those expectations
• foster high-level thinking, including regular chances to synthesize, analyze, and critique
• develop and refine strategies for writing across the curriculum
• support greater independence and fluency through intensive writing opportunities
• include strategic performance assessments to help monitor mastery and differentiate instruction
• provide a ladder of exemplar texts that model writing progressions across grade levels, K–8
• give teachers opportunities to teach and to learn teaching while receiving strong scaffolding and on-the-job guidance.
Incorporates Common Core Writing Standards.