Reading Workshop - 3rd Grade NO PREP Student Notebook!!!
Updated July 2020: Now available as GOOGLE SLIDES for Distance Learning!
Please read the ENTIRE description before purchasing.
Are you tired of sticky notes and random pages of reading workshop thinking all over? If yes, then this is the product for you! This product allows your students to write all of their thinking in once place and keep it organized. This is a SUPPLEMENTAL notebook for students. Students can use this to record their learning while reading.
In my classroom, I use these pages with the Heinemann curriculum. If you purchased the Heinemann curriculum, you can print off additional resources from the online component and use with this notebook. This product also contain any lesson plans.
This product is adapted from the 2015 Lucy Calkins Units of Study for Teaching Reading Grade 3 - If/Then Unit Mystery: Foundational Skills in Disguise.
Create packets or a reading workshop notebook for your students with the pages. I have decided to print off all the pages and bind them into a book for each one of my students. They will have boxes for anchor charts, teacher demonstrations, partner work, and independent work in the same booklet. You could also use composition notebooks, shrink the pages to 75%, print, and glue. If you are doing distance learning, send your students the Google Doc using whatever platform your school is using.
This file includes:
- 3 Different Notebook Covers (full color, part color, black & white)
- No-Prep Student Printables/Notebook (kid-friendly pages all sessions)
- Self-Evaluation Checklist (Includes all of the teaching points from the unit)
- Conferring Note Page
- Anchor Charts Boxes (There are boxes where students and/or the teacher can create their own anchor charts. I like to create the charts with my students and make copies for them to glue onto the notebook pages.)
- Link for Google Slide document for distance learning
**This unit IS NOT part of the 3rd grade Mega Pack.**
Please download the PREVIEW to see more pages. :)