EUREKA! You've come to the right place for an engaging and rigorous challenge in the science classroom.
Students race the clock to bring home a distressed Flight Crew before an asteroid shower hits in this Escape Room. Students will work collaboratively to decipher puzzles and codes while they apply their scientific understanding of the lunar cycle, tides, seasons and star classification. This product is great for differentiation in a diverse classroom. It has rigorous and challenging puzzles, scaffolds and helpful hints for stumped groups, and suggested modifications for students who need extra support.
Puzzles are "stand alone" so you can differentiate the activity for each class/student as needed.
12 PUZZLES included instead of the standard 8! You can pick and choose for your classes, or use them all!
Content covered includes:
TEKS 8.7A model and illustrate how the tilted Earth revolves around the Sun causing changes in seasons
TEKS 8.7B demonstrate and predict the sequence of events in the lunar cycle
TEKS 8.7C relate the position of the Moon and Sun to their effect on ocean tides.
TEKS 8.8A describe components of the universe, including stars, galaxies and nebulae, and use models such as the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram for classification
TEKS 8.8C identify how different wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum such as light and radio waves are used to gain information about properties of components in the universe
The Eureka! Science Universe Escape Room includes:
- A Teacher Guide and KEY
- 12 Puzzles with necessary Decoders/Ciphers and props
- Student Answer Sheet
- Mission Control Pages with helpful hints/clue explanation for students
- Puzzle Title Cards with instructions for students
- Link to a Google Form set up with lock codes (when all 12 puzzles are used)
- Resources and Suggestions for MODIFIED Curriculum use
Students will be able to:
- identify and describe lunar phases
- predict lunar phases using a calendar
- relate the position of the moon to its effect on tides
- relate the relationship between the sun and Earth's orbit to the creation of seasons
- distinguish between galaxies and nebulae
- identify stars using HR diagrams and element spectra (extension puzzle)
- identify wavelengths using the EMS
Follow me on Facebook and Twitter @eurekascienceED