The Lunch Bunch Book Club is a program that can be held in a school library or in a classroom. This product will help you start a lunchtime book club that meets for 30-40 minutes and just lets students ENJOY reading.
This club is a chance for students to read just because it’s FUN and because they want to share what they read with others! No roles, no comprehension questions, no quizzes, and no standards (though they are included if you need a justification). This is not a literature circle either, though it does resemble one at times.
It’s just reading books and talking about them in a relaxing, unstructured environment.
Starting a new program is time-consuming, though, and a LOT
of work on the front-end. This product will help you streamline your planning and get the book club up and running faster. Even for a busy elementary librarian with a fixed or mostly fixed class schedule, this program is possible with the right preparation.
• Signup sheets, poster, and school new announcements to promote the book club to students
• Parent letters to introduce the Lunch Bunch Book Club program at your school as well as to update parents when the club starts a new book
• Reminder slips for students to help them remember when the next meeting is and what they are supposed to read before the meeting (works great as a bookmark!)
• Attendance sheets to keep track of who is showing up
• Reflection questions for student feedback to improve year after year
• Discussion questions for the most popular books students chose to read (see preview for the full list)
• Party invitations for end-of-the-year celebration
• Certificate of Participation for end-of-year assembly or program
If you like what you see here, click the “Follow Me” button near the top of the page to get email updates about my store, new products, and sales!
You might also like other library products by Mrs. J in the Library:
Library Orientation Game: Pirates Theme
Book Review and App Review Writing Center
School Library Shelf Signs using Magazine Boxes (Great for Whole Number Dewey!)