The Lunch Bunch Book Club is a program that can be held in a school library or in a classroom. This product will help you start a lunchtime book club that meets for 30-40 minutes and just lets students enjoy reading.
This club is a chance for students to read just because it’s FUN and because they want to share what they read with others! No roles, no comprehension questions, no quizzes, and no standards (though they are included if you need a justification). This is not a literature circle either, though it does resemble one at times.
It’s just reading books and talking about them in a relaxing, unstructured environment.
Starting a new program is time-consuming, though, and a LOT of work on the front-end. This product will help you streamline your planning and get the book club up and running faster. Even for a busy elementary librarian with a fixed or mostly fixed class schedule, this program is possible with the right preparation.
- Signup sheets, poster, and school new announcements to promote the book club to students
- Parent letters to introduce the Lunch Bunch Book Club program at your school as well as to update parents when the club starts a new book
- Reminder slips for students to help them remember when the next meeting is and what they are supposed to read before the meeting (works great as a bookmark!)
- Attendance sheets to keep track of who is showing up
- Reflection questions for student feedback to improve year after year
- Discussion questions for the most popular books students chose to read (see preview for the full list)
- Party invitations for end-of-the-year celebration
- Certificate of Participation for end-of-year assembly or program
© Mrs. J in the Library - By purchasing this product, you receive a one-user license. Copying or distributing to others is prohibited. Additional licenses for sharing with other educators are available at a discount. For teacher-librarians: You may use this product with all of your classes and students.
Still have questions?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact me through the Q & A section on TpT with any questions or requests. You can also send me an email at MrsJ@mrsjinthelibrary.com.
You might also like these other products by Mrs. J in the Library:
Follow me on TpT to get email updates about my store, new products, and sales!