PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This visually stimulating presentation provides a detailed overview of Lyndon Johnson's Great Society domestic programs while U.S. president (1964-1968). . The slides are filled with colorful pictures, maps, and other relevant information while providing a platform in which to build additional related activities. If you'd like a version you can edit, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to help!
* LBJ unveils his Great Society agenda in a commencement speech at the University of Michigan (May 22, 1964).
* LBJ, Barry Goldwater, & the 1964 presidential election.
* LBJ begins 1st full term as president, his experience with Congress, & the treatment.
* LBJ's record on civil rights.
* LBJ's War on Poverty (Economic Opportunity Act, Jobs Corps, Head Start, VISTA, & the Department of Housing & Urban Development).
* LBJ improves access to health care: Medicare & Medicaid.
* LBJ supports lifelong learning & culture (Elementary & Secondary Education Act, National Endowment for Arts (NEA), National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH), Public Broadcasting Act of 1967).
* The impact of Rachel Carson's Silent Spring & the Clean Air Act of 1963).
* Debating the Great Society.
* Lesson learning target on the bottom of every slide.