Also included in
- This bundle for Laura Esquivel's Magical Realism fiction novel includes assessments, daily bell ringers, and introductory mini-lesson to explore the elements of this high school ELA novel.INTRODUCTORY LESSON WITH GUIDED WORKSHEETSDAILY BELL RINGERS TO ASSESS COMPREHENSIONSUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT WITH RU$11.20$15.50Save $4.30
- This novel study bundle for Toni Morrison's Beloved includes activities, graphic organizers, reading comprehension quizzes, free response essay prompts, and discussion tools. Perfect for high school English Language Arts and AP Lang and Comp! Digital and ready-to-print resources are provided for t$16.80$29.75Save $12.95
- Looking for middle school mini lessons, worksheets, handouts, and activities to teach literacy in the secondary English Language Arts classroom? This MASSIVE bundle includes reading, writing, speaking and listening activities for over 29 weeks of daily lessons, activities and literacy tasks!⚡️⚡️⚡️ OVE$96.00$200.35Save $104.35
In this middle school and high school mini lesson, students will engage with various art pieces and paintings in order to introduce the genre of Magical Realism. This lesson plan is digital and printable and can be distributed through Google Classroom. A literary pairing, “A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings,” is also recommended for this secondary English Language Arts lesson plan!
GUIDED LESSON FT. OPTIC STRATEGY FOR VISUAL ANALYSIS
ENGAGING ARTWORK AND LITERATURE APPLICATIONS
READY-TO-PRINT WORKSHEETS WITH ANSWER KEYS
How to use this resource:
Students love Magical Realism for it's captivating and entertaining qualities. In this mini-lesson, students will explore magical realism in multimedia, beginning with artwork. This activity can be found in the Magical Realism Mini-Lesson file for PowerPoint® or Google Slides, which includes separate instructions to ensure your lesson is delivered with clarity and ease.
Tip: To open this resource using Google Slides, simply upload the presentation for Powerpoint to your Google Drive and right click it to open it as a Slides document!
Use the OPTIC Strategy Handout provided with this resource to allow students to jot own brief notes for each painting. This handout is ready-to-print and includes an answer key in the mini-lesson to model this visual analysis strategy.
The short story “A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings” can be found for free through North Dakota State University; a link has been provided in mini-lesson. This story can be assigned for homework after this lesson, along with the Graphic Organizer Handout included with this resource; alternatively, read the story together in class and allow students to fill out the chart during instructional time. As always, an additional answer key for this activity has been provided for your convenience.
This lesson serves as a great introduction to Laura Esquivel’s novel, Like Water for Chocolate! For more related resources for this novel and other secondary literature, visit Mondays Made Easy’s store on Teachers Pay Teachers.
⭐ Customer Tip! ⭐
Want FREE CREDIT to go towards purchases? Make sure to offer feedback for your downloads! Follow these instructions below:
- Go to your "My Purchases" page to find a "Provide Feedback" button next to each download.
- Follow this link to offer a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases!
- Your feedback is important to me as it helps me to continually improve my products and ensure they are meeting your needs!
You might also be interested in...
- Joseph Campbell's HERO'S JOURNEY | BUNDLE feat. Full Lesson and Assessment
- The Great Gatsby INTERACTIVE GALLERY WALK | Introductory Lesson to Novel
- Interactive and Student-Led Literature Circles for the Intermediate Classroom
- BUNDLE | Like Water For Chocolate Literary Analysis Resources - Set of THREE
- Laura Esquivel's LIKE WATER FOR CHOCOLATE | Summative Assessment
- Laura Esquivel's LIKE WATER FOR CHOCOLATE | Daily BELL RINGERS
- BUNDLE | Collaborative WORD WALLS | FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE and Literary Terms
- Descriptive Creative Writing Mini-Lesson | Scaffolding Practice Worksheets
Follow me! Be the first to know about product launches, sales, discounts and free giveaways:
For questions, collaborations or other concerns:
✉ Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org