This Document-Based Question supports students as they explore the M.A.I.N. Causes of World War I while also focusing on how to develop and support an argument with evidence.
- Students will identify and the four MAIN causes of World War 1 (militarism, alliances, imperialism, and nationalism).
- They are also tasked with selecting ONE of these causes as the most significant factor in the war breaking out (creating an argument).
- Part 1: Document Analysis (pdf format - includes written passages, charts, maps, etc)
- Part 2: Graphic Organizer WITH example provided (Students categorize the documents into categories and then providing evidence and explain how this evidence supports an argument for each cause)
- Part 3: The Essay Guide (requirements, structure, suggestions, as well as examples of how to introduce evidence)