These power point slides are a MUST if you are teaching MAISA writing in your classroom!
They are aligned with the MAISA (Oakland) writing units that you can find at https://oaklandk12-public.rubiconatlas.org/Atlas/Browse/View/UnitCalendar?BackLink=815838&CurriculumMapID=886&YearID=2017&SourceSiteID=
This is the whole Literary Non-Fiction Personal Expertise, 4th grade unit on one power point.
Why use these for your writing lessons?
• Students are able to see and hear what the directions are during the lesson.
• Students are able to see the mentor text on the screen, not only in the book being read by the teacher.
• Teacher can focus on what the discussion is rather than focusing on the next task that she/he needs to teach the students.
• Teacher can go back to a previous lesson when discussing it for student memory for better understanding.
• It is WAY better teaching with power points for this writing unit than any other WAY!
• I, as a fourth grade teacher, saw huge improvement with my lessons and students writing when teaching these units with a power point!
I have only made this unit from MAISA writing and will be working on more units this summer before school starts. Other grade levels as well will follow.
Go to my Store at TPT and check out the free sample of this one before you purchase.
Hope your students and you love teaching this way as much as I do!
Follow me so you can see when I post the rest of my writing units!