This fun-filled MARCH MADNESS Thematic Unit is perfect for your sports lovers! Use their interests during tournament time to spark their interest in learning!
This product contains:
Math Task Cards:
- MULTI-STEP MADNESS: 12 multistep word problem task cards with a basketball theme. These problems use each of the 4 operations.
-TOURNAMENT TIME: 12 elapsed time word problem task cards with a basketball theme
1 March Madness Junior Bracket -- A tournament bracket starting with the Sweet 16 for each student to fill out! Fun for the whole class to do a bracket and provide a reward to the winner!
Persuasive Writing Activity: "Why_______________ will be the 2015 NCAA Champions"
CREATE YOUR OWN TEAM Printable: students create their own team, decorate a jersey, and draw a mascot.
BASKETBALL Acrostic Poem Template
2 Compare and Contrast Activities
-A Venn Diagram to compare/contrast the last two teams in the NCAA tournament. This can range anywhere from jersey color, to number of players, to stats!
-A Venn Diagram to compare/contrast basketball with another sport of the students choice!
5 activities to go with the book "SALT IN HIS SHOES", which is book about Michael Jordan pursuing his basketball dreams. It is written by his mother. Students really enjoy this story and it contains many inspirational messages!
The activities included for use with this book are:
1. Comprehension Worksheet (recall questions as well as some critical thinking)
2. Vocabulary Worksheet (9 vocabulary words from the book: fill-in-the-blank worksheet)
3. Salt in His Shoes Story Map: setting, problem and solution, and character traits
4. Moral of the story worksheet: students write a lesson they learned from the story and illustrate how they can apply this lesson to their own lives.
5. "I would put salt in my shoes to help me ________________ because..." Writing prompt with lines and illustration box.
Thank you for viewing my product!
HAPPY MARCH MADNESS!!
GO CATS :)