This is a 23-slide PowerPoint presentation on the basics of fractions.
The presentation includes:
1) overview of fraction vocabulary (numerator, denominator);
2) overview of fractions as parts of wholes and sets;
3) fractions written as division expressions (with independent practice & answers);
4) proper and improper fractions (with independent practice differentiating between & answers);
5) conversion of improper fractions to mixed numbers (with guided and independent practice with answers);
6) conversion of mixed numbers to improper fractions (with guided and independent practice with answers);
7) writing whole numbers as fractions (3 = 3/1); and
8) writing whole numbers as fractions equivalent to 1 (3/3 = 1).
NOTE: I am in the process of creating practice activities and assessments to accompany all of my PowerPoint presentations, so check back often!
Other purchase options:
1) I have 3 practice activities (worksheets) to practice this concept in my listings ($1.50).
2) I have a formative assessment (test) to assess this concept in my listings ($1.50).
3) You can purchase all 3 of my activities and my assessment bundled in my listings ($5.00).
4) You can purchase all 3 of the activities, the assessment, and this introductory PowerPoint in my listings ($7.00).
Deanne Davis, MCPSS
P.S. I recently added some new HARD GOOD items! I am offering NEW Scholastic paperback children's books with 4 writing prompts based on the CCSS text types for grades 2-5: opinion, informative, explanatory, and narrative ($6.00 each).