Use this worksheet to help teach ten shapes. Students can color in the shapes as you explain them.
In my explanation, I include the items in red on the worksheet:
1. Oval has an "o" in the name,
2. Hexagon has six sides and has an "x" in the name, just like the number six,
3. Parallelogram has "ll" in the name, which looks like two sides of the parallelogram,
4. Rectangles have right angles,
5. Octagon sounds like "octopus," and an octopus has eight legs, just like an octagon has eight sides
6. Pentagon looks like the real-life Pentagon in Washington D.C.