Customers who used our 4th grade STAAR WARS Math Task Cards loved them, and many teachers emailed us asking us for more. So we listened! But instead of creating more STAAR review sets, we thought it would be even better to have task card sets that could be used WHILE you’re teaching, instead of just to review afterward. This way you can measure learning as you go. So, we decided to create task card sets for every TEKS Readiness Standard for reading, math, and writing. We will have 2 sets available for each TEKS Readiness Standard, a basic set and an advanced set, which allows the teacher to assess learning at various learning stages, making them perfect for differentiation.
We’re happy to introduce the fourth set of our new MATH READY 4th Grade Task Cards: Numerical Representations & Relationships Advanced Set 2 – Representing the Value of the Digit in Decimals to the Hundredths!! This MATH READY task card set focuses on the first TEKS Readiness Standard for 4th Grade Math Numerical Representations & Relationships:
• Represent the value of the digit in whole numbers through 1,000,000,000 and decimals to the hundredths using expanded notation and numerals (4.2B).
*Note: We have 2 sets for whole numbers (basic & advanced) & 2 sets for decimals (basic & advanced).*
This ADVANCED set includes 24 task cards that feature rigorous, higher-level thinking questions made in STAAR format with multiple choice answers and assess your students’ comprehension of:
•Representing the value of the digit in decimals to the hundredths
•Pictorial models (hundreds grids)
*Though our MATH READY Task Cards are made with our Texas teacher friends in mind, they are also aligned with 4th grade CCSS, making them easily usable by any 4th grade teacher teaching decimals place value all over the U.S.*
•CCSS: 4.NBT.A.1, 4.NBT.A.2, 4.NF.C.5, 4.NF.C.6
Instructions are included for 3 methods of review: task cards review in centers/groups/pairs/individuals, a SCOOT game, and a "Be the Teacher" game, but these cards can be used in a variety of other ways to meet your needs.
We hope you enjoy them, and we’d love to hear your feedback! :)
Follow us on TpT, Facebook, Instagram and/or Pinterest to be alerted when new MATH READY sets are added. Any time we add a new product, we offer it for 50% off for the first 24 hours after it is uploaded. Click the “Follow Me” button above to receive email notifications from TpT so that you can save!
These are the other 4th grade MATH READY sets we have in the works and will be available in both BASIC and ADVANCED sets:
4th Grade Numerical Representations & Relationships:
1. Representing the Value of the Digit in Whole Numbers to 1,000,000,000
2. Representing the Value of the Digit in Decimals to the Hundredths
3. Relating Decimals to Fractions that Name Tenths & Hundredths
4. Comparing Fractions with Different Numerators & Denominators
4th Grade Computations & Algebraic Relationships:
1. Adding & Subtracting Whole Numbers & Decimals to the Hundredths
2. Multiplying & Dividing Whole Numbers One-Step & Two-Step Problems
3. Representing Multi-Step Problems Using Strip Diagrams & Equations
4. Representing & Solving Addition & Subtraction of Fractions with Equal Denominators
4th Grade Geometry & Measurement:
1. Perimeter & Area of Rectangles
2. Classifying 2-Dimensional Figures
3. Determining the Measures of Angles to the Nearest Whole Number
4. Measuring Length, Time, Volume, Mass, & Money
4th Grade Data Analysis & Financial Literacy:
1. Representing Data on a Frequency Table, Dot Plot, or Stem-and-Leaf Plot
2. Financial Literacy
We hope you like them as much as we do! :)
~Heather & Ashley
Watson Works, LLC
*Full preview of the product available by selecting the preview button above.
**You may also be interested in our 4th Grade Representing the Value of the Digit in Decimals to the Hundredths BASIC SET 2
that includes 24 shorter, simpler questions that are perfect to use when you’re first teaching decimals place value to your students.
© 2016 Watson Works, LLC. Except as permitted under the United States Copyright Act, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored, or distributed in any form or by any means (mechanically, electronically, recording, etc.) without the prior written consent of Watson Works, LLC. Purchasing this product in digital form from the Watson Works store on TeachersPayTeachers.com licenses one teacher to use this product in his/her classroom or for personal use. Additional licenses must be purchased for additional teachers to use this product. Made in the USA. All rights reserved.