It's Time to SCOOT!
with SCOOT - Basic Multiplication Word Problems... a fun, engaging, and effective activity that can be used to review or reinforce basic multiplication skills.
How do you SCOOT?
1. Place the cards on each of the student desks in order of 1-30, or
2. Display the larger cards around the room at equal distances apart in order from 1 to 30.
3. Decide how long to time the students on each question. I suggest 30 seconds to 1 minute depending on the students’ abilities.
4. Students start with the card that is in front of them. Let's say that Lisa is sitting with the Number 4 card. She will move to the number 5 card next, and then on to the 6th and so on.
5. Use a signal to help transition/move the students from card to card.
6. Students will write their answers on the Student Answer Sheet.
7. The activity concludes when the students answer all questions and arrive back at their first card.
8. Review/correct the answers. Try having the students choose a partner and then compare their answers. If they have different answers, they will work together to find the correct solution.
1. Set A contains 30 basic multiplication word problems.
2. Set B contains 30 basic multiplication word problems. Set B increases the difficulty level by including random cards with extra information. This is a great way to help students to ignore the unnecessary information, and target the information needed to solve the problems.
3. Each set of SCOOT cards comes in two designs – background or no background.
4. Set A & B also in mini poster size (approximately 4 in. X 5 ½ in.) for a fun “around the room” activity variation.
5. Student Answer Sheets
6. Answer Keys
As always, please feel free to contact me through my Teachers Pay Teachers Store if you have any questions or comments. Feedback is greatly appreciated!
You may also be interested in the following products:
Assessment Strategies! EAA - Engaging Alternative Assessments (Ages 9-11)
Acts of Kindness Posters and Bookmarks Bundle!
Acts of Kindness Bookmarks!
Acts of Kindness Posters!
Plane Crash! A Critical Thinking Survival Activity with Google Apps (Editable)
Lost at Sea! A Shipwrecked Adventure
Chromebook Shortcuts "Kidlettes" Edition
Chromebook Shortcuts "Nerdlettes" Edition
The Three Little Pigs! A Critical Thinking Activity
Cinderella! A Critical Thinking Activity
Jack and the Beanstalk! A Critical Thinking Activity
Growth Mindset Bundle of Resources
Growth Mindset Class and Individual Reflection Posters
Growth Mindset Power Word Posters, Phrase Posters, and Student Stamp Cards
Test Prep Bundle
The Mysteries of Harris Burdick
Fast Finishers Activity Packet
Teaching with Webb's Depth of Knowledge Bundle
Character Education: Rise to Success Bundle
Teaching With Bloom's Taxonomy Bundle
Motivational Poster: The Rules of Awesome!
Personal Branding Posters! Top 10 Tips for Students!
Personal Branding Posters! What's Your Passion? Tips for Students!
Tips for My Customers!!
How to save money on future purchases?
Please go to your "My Purchases" page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
Each time you give me feedback about my products, TPT gives you credits that you can use to save money on your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become one of my followers.
As always, please feel free to ask me any questions about my products or to make a request for a new product by clicking on the "Ask a Question" button. Have a fabulous day and thank you for shopping in my store!!