Be sure to download the first 2 1/2 weeks of this bundle for FREE!
This is what you get after you download this bundle...
MONTH 2 CONTENTS:
Week 1 Lesson Plan -and-
Sheet 11- 2/3 digit Addition- Subtraction, Multiplication, and Place Value
Sheet 12- 3 digit Addition, 2/3 digit Subtraction, Multiplication, Place Value, Word Form
Week 2 Lesson Plan -and-
Sheet 13- Zero Property Multiplication, 2/3 digit Subtraction, 2 digit Multiplication, Place Value, Word Form
Sheet 14- Zero Property Multiplication, 2/3 digit Subtraction, 2 digit Multiplication, Place Value, Word Form
Week 3 Lesson Plan -and-
Sheet 15- Write the # in the place value chart (up to 1000 place)
Sheet 16- Adding Decimals, 2 digit Multiplication, Word Form
Sheet 17- Rounding to the nearest 100, 2/3 digit Multiplication, 3 digit Subtraction w/ Regrouping
Week 4 Lesson Plan -and-
Sheet 18- Rounding to the 100 and 1000 Place, 3 by 1 digit Multiplication, Subtract Decimals.
Sheet 19 TEST - 3 digit Subtraction w/ Regrouping, Adding Decimals w/ Regrouping, 3-4 digit Multiplication w/ Regrouping
Sheet 20 TEST- Place Value to 1000, Word form
Blank place value chart (great for laminating or placing in a clear page protector and re-using over and over again!)
*Answer Keys provided!!!!!
1. Use each Math Sheet and test as suggested in the provided lesson plans (in a monthly format). Consecutive Math Sets (2-10) will repeat focus skills in a spiraling format, while introducing new skills in chunks.
2. Use as worksheets, like you would with any other math sheet.
3. Supplement your existing curriculum with Elementary Elephant Math.
4. Use as your Math curriculum, knowing that it is Common Core Standards based aligned.
5. Use as a Replacement Math curriculum for the Resource Room, Tutoring, Home-School or as RTI (Response to Intervention) support.
Set 2 spirals 2nd grade Math (addition/subtraction and word form) which are spiraled throughout consecutive Elementary Elephant Math sets as well. Math Set 2, covers the listed CCSS for grades 3, 4 and 5
What Makes Elementary Elephant Math Different?
1. Less amount of math problems per Math Sheet
2. Repeated practice in various ways and in smaller chunks of learning spread out over time. (Spiral Math Concept)
3. No graphics, to distract from the task (-many 2nd grade level math sheets contain cute graphics, which my 4th/5th grade students viewed as “childish” looking).
Credibility and Research Based?
YES! With a Masters’ degree in Curriculum and Instruction, I used my background and current students as a guide in creating this curriculum. I could not find the specific curriculum to meet the various levels of Math needs of my 4th and 5th grade students. So I created Elementary Elephant Math! I used published textbooks as a guide, as well as the Common Core State Standards. In addition, I was inspired by research conducted by the University of Chicago, based on Spiral Math. Read more at: http://everydaymath.uchicago.edu/about/why-it-works/spiral/
I have provided a simple weekly and monthly lesson plan for you to use. Be sure to view each set and focus skills, as each will be repeated again in consecutive Math Sets.
Elementary Elephant Math Sheets, Lesson Plans and Curriculum, created by, Andrea Chouhan, © www.elementaryelephant.com and author of www.greenbeankindergarten.wordpress.com
Clipart by: FishScraps, Room 28, 3AM teacher, from the pond graphics