A matrix is a way to organize data in columns and rows. A matrix is written inside brackets [ ]. Each item in a matrix is called an entry. In mathematics, a matrix (plural matrices, or less commonly matrixes) is a rectangular array of numbers.
This guide is an excellent one for anyone who wants to learn a little more about matrices.
In this e-book, I will discuss the following:
1. Addition and Subtraction of Matrices
2. Multiplying a matrix by a scalar quantity
3. Finding the Determinant of a 2 by 2 matrix
4. Multiplying two Matrices
5. Find the inverse of a 2 x 2 matrix
6. Solve systems of equations by using matrices