"ME and EARL and the Dying GIRL" by Jesse Andrews: A Study Guide is a comprehensive aid to reflective reading of this popular novel.
1. Teacher's introduction;
2. Original annotated list of characters;
3. Pre-reading, post-reading and suggested activities (11 in all);
4. Commentary and guiding questions for each chapter (44 in all).
The questions encourage readers to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters of the text. No answers are provided. Students will find their own answers in the text - and they will. They are designed to stimulate thought, discussion and interpretation, not to test, and can be used for self-study, homework, group discussion in class, jigsaw groups, formal presentations, written answers, etc.;
5. Original sections on narrator, themes, etc;
6. Three suggestions for further reading;
7. Ideas for groupings for classroom discussion, feedback, and presentation;
8. Glossary of relevant literary terms;
9. Two graphic organizers (plot structure and character) for student annotation.