Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This mini-lesson will teach students to write structured, coherent body paragraphs for informative, expository, and argumentative essays. The MEAL model is explained with a four course meal on a dinner plate, helping students to visualize each component of a good paragraph. Students will deconstruct an example paragraph to identify each component of MEAL before constructing their own MEAL paragraph.
- Google Slides Presentation with MEAL Paragraph visual
- An explanation of each step in MEAL paragraph writing
- A sample MEAL paragraph for modeling
- A graphic organizer for pre-writing
- Exit ticket for formative assessment
- Learning targets tied to CCSS