A whole two-dimensional measurement unit designed for the middle years. Uses metric units for distance and area. Includes 20 pages of handouts on:
1) Converting between metric area units
2) Finding irregular areas
3) Finding the area and perimeter of squares and rectangles
4) Finding the area and perimeter of triangles, parallelograms and trapezoids
5) Calculating Pi
6) Finding the area and circumference of circles
7) Finding the area of composite shapes
8) Problem solving questions with area, perimeter and circumference
9) Review sheets
Also includes two assessment tools and an overview with tips and strategies.
A complete set of answers is included for the handouts and the tests.